Sunday 13 June 2021

Where has the time gone?

It's hard to believe it's been 6 years since we've updated this blog. 

A lot has happened in the time - I moved to Spain and Bob grew a massive beard. For various reasons - being extremely busy, actually living in the countryside now and not having my upside-down-headed camping partner here with me to name but a few - I haven't really been into the wilds much despite a wealth of places to explore. 

In regards to the latter, however, I now have a Bob-alternative in the form of the full-head-of-hair sporting Janine, and after a year of procrastinating we finally got out for our first over-nighter a week ago. We didn't travel too far, so as to break ourselves back in gently, and I didn't get any photos unfortunately so I won't be doing a blog post on the trip, but I'm now back in the groove as it were and hopefully it will be the first of many.

Being in Spain has its own set of pros and cons; the (generally) reliable weather allows for travelling light, but the summer fire ban presents its own hurdles in relation to cooking, so I'm currently working on solutions to that - which will inevitably involve new gear and a re-think on my pack. The plus side to that is I'll be able to post some more gear reviews soon.

I'm very much looking forward to many a trip from here on in, and a resurrection of this most excellent blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment